New season. Same journey.



Where do you go to find rest for your soul? Where is the place you can hear the still small voice of the Almighty One? For me, my soul comes alive when I'm outside in God's creation. I've been meditating on Psalm 19:1-2, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." I was walking and spending time with the Lord when I stopped and marveled at the beauty around me. This is a photo of what I saw as I looked out on the Potomac River, along the Mount Vernon Trail. This season of starting new in Alexandria is a time to act on what it means to surrender to God. My life is not my own, it is Christ working in and through me. Therefore, this ministry is surely not mine. I am stepping into what God has been doing, continues to do, and will always do. Please pray that as doors continue to be open and as relationships grow, that I will keep my eyes fixed on the One who sustains me and that I find my identity and rest in Him. We are laying a ministry foundation that we pray is sustainable for the long haul. We dream about future generations being impacted because of the work that is being done now. Pray that I boast only in Christ, what we build is His, pray against any temptation for me to take credit. I know I have been called, but it is a calling to step out in faith. Pray that I will be open to feedback of both praise and critique. After all, it's God's job to transform lives, not mine. I simply follow the leading of His spirit. Finally, pray for a hedge of protection around me, the team in training, and believing kids who have a heart to reach their lost friends. As it says in Ephesians 6:12, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." 
Thank you for interceding on my (our) behalf. We need you!

Comments